Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Packing... Again

There are 3 weeks remaining before I ship out.  Perhaps it was the packing or perhaps it was the mistakes I've made in planning the trip, but I don't think I felt anxiety up until this very moment.  I think perhaps my largest mistake thus far was when I purchased my tickets.  I bought mine at the lowest available price at the time.  One month later (and three weeks before the trip), the ticket price has gone down $350. I falsely assumed ticket prices go up as the departure date gets closer.
I suppose I can take consolation in the fact that I will be flying first class and my bags fly free :).  Figure in the bag fees, overall I overpaid $200.  At least I will be in luxury.  I still have to figure out how I'm going to get back as tickets for the return flight don't go on sale for another week.  The other difficulty is packing the bags.  As it turns out, with my projector, document camera, classroom set of camcorders, wii interactive-whiteboard, laptop, bedding sheets, sleeping bag, clothes for various weather conditions,  I already have 4 completely full bags (2 carry-on, 2 checked) and still more stuff to fit.  The good news is that I found out this morning that as a first-class flyer, I get one more bag if I so desire.  I guess, in the end it will work out.  3 more weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, brother! I know you're going to change lives over there.

    ReplyDelete