![]() |
| A student of Jenna's takes out the piñata. |
Sunday, September 25, 2011
A Weekend of Birthdays, Tag, and Injury
3 staff birthday celebrations in the same weekend! We ended up having a wonderful surprise birthday celebration Saturday for Jenna involving cake, balloons, and a piñata. I cooked funfetti cake cookies for the event.
The day before, most people had actually went down to a restaurant in the city for more birthday celebrations. Tired from the all-day conference that was held that day, I chose to remain on my couch and watch Band of Brothers with Trent instead. Richard, came over and joined us for the night. At around 11pm, we left the house, met up with some of the other teachers and had an improptu game of tag at the playground.
The game unfortunately ended when, while trying to duck and weave my way under a low hanging 'bridge', I came up too early smacking my head on the overhang. I thank Sarah C for taking care of the wound and doing a good job with it. I went to the doctor the next morning to see about stitches, but she told me it wasn't deep enough to need them. For that, I am thankful :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment